Friday, September 29, 2006

I Am Iron Man!

From the Jon Favreau camp comes word that the casting has been made for the big screen adaptation of the Iron Man comic book. For a long time Tom Cruise's name had been batted about as the frontrunner for doning the crimson and gold armor. But due to recent personal and public developments, he has fallen out of the graces of many studios and fans alike. So, with Favreau on board, (he played Foggy Nelson in the big screen version of Daredevil), the pieces are slowly falling into place for the latest Marvel license to come to the silver screen. This morning it was revealed that Robert Downey Jr. would play billionaire industrialist (alcoholic!) Anthony Stark. Granted, Robert Downey Jr. is a very good actor, he's come a long way since the Brat Pack, I just don't see him as the Iron Man type. He's in the same camp as Matthew Brodrick and Michael J. Fox, in that they never seem to age as they get older, so he still looks like he's 18. But, I had my doubts with Tobey Maguire at first, so it'll come down to the performance and the realism of the film. This, my friends, is a wait and see situation. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: