Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Stakes and Spikes

Okay, time to confess! Guilty pleasure of the summer? Blade: The Series on SpikeTV. There has been constant discussion amongst my buddies and I regarding this show. Either it started off bad, and has steadily become better, or it is SO bad that is comes all the way around to being good. At times, it seems that both are right. Don't get me wrong, the blood, gore, cursing, and gratuitous butt shot from random girls here and there make for some very entertaining television. Balance that with bad acting, cheesy delivery, confusing plotlines, and cliche characters and you got yourself one hella-fun hour! Though it never reaches the depths of the movie series, particularly the 1st and 2nd, and despite the fact that Mr. "Sticky" Jones is definitely no Wesley Snipes, I still find myself week after week engulfed into the vampiric mayhem. It's a man's show made for men by men, who just happen to be comic book geeks at heart! (Sound familiar?) I recommend it, if not highly, then at least wholeheartedly!

No comments: