Friday, December 15, 2006

Family Ties

So, it has been a little hectic here at the old household these past few days. There are events unfolding that have us all very excited and exhilarated. After 27 years of existence in this world, this week I will finally get to meet my maternal grandmother. (That's my momma's momma, for those of you keeping track!) My mom is her only daughter (she's also got two sons), and we're my mom's 3 boys (no girls!). My baby brother has been the only one to hop on a jet with my mom to got to El Salvador about 10-12 years ago. I don't know exactly why, perhaps money, perhaps school, but the opportunity has never come up for me to fly down there. It doesn't look likely that it ever will, either. But I also never expected for my grandmother to fly up here, let alone in time for the Holiday season. I think this year will be truly special. I'll finally get to meet the source of the voice on the other side of the phone. I'm planning on taking plenty of pictures. 'Tis The Season!

No comments: