Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Prime 7: I'm Ready for My Close-Up!

These past few days have seen various Transformer movie images come to light. It started off with various shots of the toy prototypes which are supposed to be the tie-ins for the movie next year. You can check those out by clicking on this link and this one. I like the Barricade figure, which is the Mustang done up as a Police car, and the Bumblebee figure, which is the yellow Camaro. (Can't wait to see what the Bumblebee as the 2007 Camaro figure will look like!). And hopefully the Optimus one will be massive to go along with his movie counterpart. A trailer would be cool, but I can understand if they decide not to use on in the movie, or even for the toy for that matter. Then we got our first look at the robot mode concept art for Ratchet, who is a yellow emergency vehicle in the film. You can check that out here. There certainly is a very angular style that is being established for these live-action Transformers. It's not as easy as it was with the cartoon to discern the alternate mode for these guys, but I guess that has to do with the real life physics of the world we live in. Then, we finally got our first look at some CGI rendered Transformers, which gets us one step closer to actually seeing them on screen. I especially like the way Bumblebee is turning out. (Opposed to a buddy of mine who is planning on boycotting the film just because Bumblebee isn't a Volkswagen Beetle like in the cartoon!) Of course, the Optimus looks awesome, and I'm liking Barricade as well. But I'm still not sure what is going on with Megatron. I guess we'll have to wait for the movie to find out. Less than 7 months, and counting!

No comments: