Thursday, December 28, 2006

Unwrapped!

So, what did Santa leave you underneath the tree?? Me, I got a few nerderific items. (No, no Wii, but that's ok!) It was a good Christmas this year, I was able to surprise a few people with their gifts, and in return I was surprised as well. Here are a couple of the Treasures of Geekdom that befell me this holiday.The Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition DVD Boxed Set. This set contains all 4 Christopher Reeves Superman movies, the new Superman Returns movie, alternate versions of Superman I and II, and a few documentaries. 14 discs in all, plus a reproduction of Superman #7 comic, and an offer to get 5 free movie posters. WOW!! When they say Ultimate, they MEAN Ultimate! I'd like to thank my special lady for this very cool item.And speaking of my special lady, she managed to surprise me with this little number. It's a pewter reproduction of the capsule Superman landed in from Superman Returns. It's a nice item, looks very organic and technological all at once. It has a cool stand that's shaped like the Superman shield. It has been placed nicely among my mini-busts and statues. (Thanks Babe!)My brother surprised me with this cool little set that I had seen online, but not in stores. It is a miniature replica set from Master Replicas of Link's sword and shield from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. These little items are intricately made, and they weigh quite a bit, seeing how they are made from actual metal. The detail is incredible. And the fact that it comes with the soundtrack for the game is a definite bonus! (Thanks for the surprise, Guys!)Also managed to snag Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin for the DS. I've been hearing nothing but rave reviews for this game, most reviewers calling it the handheld game of the year. So it was a pleasant surprise to find this stuffed in my stocking. (As dirty or uncomfortable as that may sound!) I haven't picked up a Castlevania game in a while, and this makes me want to find all those titles I missed out on. (Nothin' like whippin' a few zombies to shreds! Thanks bro!)
I also got a whole bevy of Spider-Man and Venom items from the good ol' wholesome Hot Topic. A Venom chain wallet, a Spider-Man leather wallet, a Spider-Man belt, and a Venom long-sleeve thermal shirt.All-in-all, we were very fortunate this year, in both giving and receiving. The best gift of all, however, was being able to have my Grandmother here with us. (Everything else was a very close second!) I want to thank everyone for their generosity and their thoughtfulness. I hope you enjoy your gifts as much as I know I will enjoy mine. What do you say we do it all again next year, huh??

No comments: