Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Doctor! Doctor!

Okay, okay, I'll be the first to admit when I'm wrong. (Because OBVIOUSLY, some people are incapable of letting you live it down!!). I finally gave into the hype, the temptation, and the curiosity, and picked up a copy of Trauma Center: Under the Knife for the Nintendo DS. I'll admit that I was hesitant about picking up this title. I'm not much for the Japanese anime style caricatures and animation, and this game has it in spades. But after just a few short minutes, all that just melts away, and the game play definitely speaks for itself lound and clear. Trauma Center is primarily a puzzle game, focused on the medical genre. You're a rookie doctor trying to climb your way through the ranks. Along the way you find guidance and advice from the various characters that inhabit the city of Angeles Bay. You learn you have a special ability to heal, known as the Healing Touch, and that a strange new disease, known as GUILT, is plaguing the citizens of your little berg. (As well as other parts of the world). It is up to you, Dr. Drake Stiles, to operate on the infected patients, discover the cause, and help find a cure...before it is too late!! This game is entertaining and fast paced, all the operations are timed and have an element of risk that accompanies any real surgeries. So, yes, I'll admit I was wrong about this one. I should have picked it up a whole lot sooner. And now that the Wii is out, the sequel for this game has found its way onto a console. With the Wii-mote, the experience should be a whole lot more authentic. Can't wait to get my hands on it. Scalpel!

No comments: