Thursday, April 06, 2006

2 Bye 2 = 4 Gone

It seems that the people I enjoy watching on television are slowly going the way of the Unicorn. This just seems to be the week for people to leave me. First, a friend at work got the boot! (And quite unfairly, I might add! I wish him nothing but the best, he is a cool guy!)
Then, last night, my favorite couple on "The Amazing Race", Dave and Lori, aka the Nerds, got eliminated. They never fully recovered from finishing second-to-last last week, and starting the next leg of the race dead last. They provided some sense of comic relief and also a glimmer of hope that people like me can do stuff like this. Like Lori told Dave last night when he was going to attempt the Kayak Polo challenge, "May the Force be with you!" Their image has officially been dimmed on the CBS website. Stay strong nerds, one day we will have our revenge!!And speaking of nerds, just when I thought that the worst was over, I get more bad news today as well. You all know that I'm a comic book, video game, movie, television, music, toy, and electronics geek. That being said, I enjoy a little program called "Attack of the Show" on G4 (formerly TechTV) hosted by Kevin Pereira and Sarah Lane that covers all those things which I enjoy hearing about. I've watched the show almost everyday for almost a year now, and I've come to enjoy their irreverant brand of comedy, (It is very much like my own!) particularly Ms. Sarah Lanes cutesy, girly manner. She was my favorite. (Emphasis on WAS!)Well, today I tuned in expecting to watch a silly hour of television, which this show always delivers on, but instead found myself in the midst of a farewell episode. Alas, Ms. Sarah Lane is leaving the show, along with field reporter Brendan Moran, in order to get MARRIED!! Yep, married. (Yep, to each other!) I know!! I had NO clue that they were EVEN an item. For some reason Brendan just seemed like the type of guy that wouldn't settle down with just one lady. But lucky him, he gets Sarah. Oh, well. I wish them nothing but the best, and they promised updates on www.sarahlane.com. In the meantime we have to get aquainted with new co-host, and hottie brunette, Olivia Munn. But at least they give us until Monday to mourn and recover. I do need to find a new favorite person on the show now, though...I wonder who it could be? Who else is left on the show that could fit the bill of a funny, perky, blonde, cutey?? Hmmm...I wonder...maybe...naw...or perhaps...nope, I can't think of a single person who fits that description. (I said cutey, not lazy-eyed Blair Butler!)

No comments: