Saturday, April 08, 2006

Treasure Hunt

On my days off I enjoy a little treasure hunting. This means that I drag my brothers out of bed early in the day, and we set off in search of those elusive Star Wars figures, and other such collectibles, at our local Wal-Marts, Targets, Malls, Kay Bees, and Toys R' Us. Today was one such day, and the day was very fruitful.Picked up quite a few of the newly released wave of Star Wars Saga figures. Picked up a Ki Adi Mundi (Holographic) and an Obi Wan Kenobi from Revenge of the Sith, as well as a Foul Moudama from the Cartoon Network Clone Wars mini-series, which, if I'm not mistaken, is the first figure released in the mainstream line from the animated series. (All three Jedi Knights, by the way!)Also picked up a Firespeeder Pilot, General Grievous, and Clone Trooper (Utapauan Squadron). All three also from Revenge of the Sith. The Grievous was actually the only one that they had left in stock at the Kay Bees. (Props to my bro for spotting this one, I totally missed it!)And finally in the 3 3/4" figure front, I also picked up a Lushros Dofine and an Anakin Skywalker, also, from the Revenge of the Sith wave. The search continues for the elusive Scorch figure from Republic Commando.
Suncoast provided a few additions to my Star Wars Bust-Ups collection. From the Battle of Hoth wave, I snagged a Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and Wampa. I can't stress this enough people, $5 for these highly detailed little mini-bust kits is well worth it.!A while ago I picked up the Titanium Star Wars figures of Darth Vader and Boba Fett. Well earlier this week I picked up the Vintage Finish versions of the figures, which means that they retain the metallic color rather than the regular paint jobs of the other figures. All in all it was a very productive day. I even found a comic shop that sells a lot of older stuff. It's called The Bat Cave, and it's located in the city of Whittier. Tomorrow, hopefully, we have a little fieldtrip planned to the California Science Center to check out their exhibition on the science of super heroes, featuring the Marvel characters. Expect pictures and a report on that tomorrow. (Unless something comes up!)On a sadder note, the Los Angeles Galaxy tied tonights game 1-1 against the Chicago Fire. Following last week's home-opening loss to the New England Revolution, Galaxy is off to a rough start. Hopefully next weeks rivalry game against Chivas USA will see their first win (as visitors in their own stadium, can you believe that?!?) We plan on being there at the good ol' Home Depot Center for the festivities. (As spectators, not loitering out front looking for a job!)

1 comment:

Ava said...

we went to the game last night...anthony was pretty rowdy & drunk :-)