Saturday, February 04, 2006

Eve Tempted Adam with an Apple


I've come to realize that there is a certain malaise that afflicts the owners of Apple's iPod MP3 players. That unhealthy malady is known as the need to accessorize. Being an iPod owner myself (4GB iPod Mini in Blue, and it's sooooo cute!) I'll be the first to admit to suffering from this debilitating disease. I've purchased various skins and other forms of protection for my iPod, god forbid that it get scratched, as well as the iTrip FM transmitter for maximum portability when on the road. (I've got to have my tunes!) I even bought the iDog (pictured above) because I thought it was cool! My brother recieved the 512MB iPod Shuffle, and I have seen the symptoms in him as well. At work, I was not the first to have an iPod, but I believe I was the one who made it popular as a form of work entertainment. (God bless the iTrip). There are now 4 iPod owners at work. Yesterday I accompanied a friend to the Apple store in Brea to have his iPod checked out because it wasn't working. Long story short, it turns out there was nothing wrong with his iPod other than he needed a new charger. So, he bought a dock for his girlfriend's Nano, and an iTrip for his. (While I was there I picked up a charger for my brother's Shuffle, as well as a carrying case!) And today he told me he bought a charger for his iPod and an iTrip for his girlfriend's Nano...You see people?? The vicious cycle never ends! Once you start, you can't stop. It's like heroine. (No, no Stephanie Tanner, that heroine is not for you!) And it doesn't help that the iPod's keep evolving. Pretty soon you'll be able to watch videos, while listening to your music, and playing video games while talking on the phone. All on an iPod!! (Mark my words people, it will happen!) The Bible needs to be re-written (for the billionth time) to say that Eve (Evil??) tempted Adam with an Apple iPod. (It's in Revelations People!!)

No comments: