Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Two Great Tastes That Taste Great Together!

Well, it was about time that someone had the brilliant idea to fuse two totally awesome franchises, (Star Wars and Transformers) into a single line of figures that capture the essence of both. The Star Wars Transformers toy line from Hasbro recreates the forms of our favorites Star Wars Vehicles (eg. X-Wing Fighter, Slave 1, Tie Fighters, etc.) and gives them the capability to be transformed into mech versions of their pilots (eg. Obi-Wan Kenobi, Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, etc.) Being a fan of both lines, of course I was anxious for their release. I'll admit, I'm still not totally convinced by the robotic modes, I think the Boba Fett is a little stiff, but as the new waves are released, I believe that the robotic modes are improving slightly. I think the Darth Maul robot modes is the best one so far.The vehicles modes, on the other hand, are completely spot-on! I'm actually excited to see my personal favorite Star Wars vehicle see its incarnation in this line. (The Lambda Class Imperial Shuttle/Emperor Palpatine). And although it is my favorite vehicle in the Star Wars saga, it is still not the best. That honor lies with the one, the only...The Millennium Falcon. So far this is the first deluxe Star Wars Transformers set that will be available. Of the two figures, I personally prefer the Chewbacca robot, but you can't dispute how great the vehicle mode looks. If you are a fan of both franchises, then these figures should be part of your collection. Look for them in stores now.


No comments: