Saturday, February 18, 2006

Happy Birthday Buffy!

Happy 2nd Birthday to our baby, Buffy! Now, for as long as I can remember I've had an irrational fear of dogs. My cousins used to have dogs, and I would often dread going to visit them because of that fact. Once, one of their dobermans jumped on me (in what they assured me was a playful gesture), and tore the sweater I was wearing. Alright, I'll admit I cried a little, I was about 9 or 10 and the dog was a little larger than I was. My girlfriend has had Buffy here since she was a puppy, and boy was she cute (as you can see by the photos above!) And she's always been a bit mischievous as well. Very playful and very friendly. My girlfriend had another dog, Canela (R.I.P.) when I first met her, and since she was older, she wasn't as aggressive, but I was still a little scared of her. (The little boy in me wouldn't quite get over that). Then they got Buffy as a puppy, and I think she's grown attached to me, and I've grown attached to her, so much so that I consider her my dog as well.Now it is 2 years later and look how much she has grown. She's still playful and mischievous but now she is bigger than I am when she stand up on her hind legs. (And if you know me, then you know THAT's pretty big! hehehe). We had a scare with her a few months back where she got her collar caught on the fence. (She almost died!) But luckily my girlfriend and her parents saw her in time to save her. We took her to the vet, and they were amazed that she pulled through. They say that the majority of dogs that that happens to don't make it. (She's a little miracle!).
So, today we celebrate the only dog that I have ever truly loved as my own, Buffy. Big, soft, furry, and lovable. (Very much like myself!)

No comments: